"Soup of the Day"...just got serious!
When something exists virtually, we mean it is essentially the same. The same in essence. When something exists in essence, it is simpler, while the fundamental, important parts remains in tact.
Pride will be celebrated virtually this year. As with many things – Personal Training certainly – nothing can replace the energy, power, and impact of person-to-person contact. But still, we can keep the integrity of some of the essential things that Pride Month tries to accomplish.
We can show support in various ways. Including attending and sponsoring the Parade on June 28th. Click here to join.
We can educate – ourselves, our children, about the history and importance of Pride. Click here to learn more.
We can connect and celebrate. There are so many fabulous events – some already passed – but more to come, including ways to connect with different communities, and hop on your balcony for a party and revel in some colourful performances. Click here to see the upcoming Pride events.
Inspiration of the Day
"The beauty of standing up for your rights is others will see you standing and stand up as well." - Cassandra Duffy
Classes of the Day
It’s Friday! And that means we’re back with another double dose of classes for you to enjoy.
MuscleFIT with Kim
This morning, get started with a full body workout that focuses on maintaining and strengthening all your major muscle groups. It will challenge your endurance, power, and strength for overall performance of functional movement.
Recommended equipment: water bottles or medium-sized weights and a small towel
Join Kim at 8:30am (for 35 minutes) from the comfort of your living room.
Click here to join the class.
Meeting ID: 897 6448 2779
Hatha Yoga with Shara
Your lunchtime plans just got a whole lot better! Join today’s Hatha Yoga class where you’ll learn the foundations of a good yoga practice. Postures are taught with attention to detail and proper body alignment.
Join Shara at 12:00pm (for 30 minutes) from your living room.
Click here to join the class.
Meeting ID: 849 1615 0571
For more information about our virtual classes, please reach out to Lauren.
Martha's Bite of the Day
Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bread
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, or ghee (melted)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1.5 cup blueberries (fresh is preferable, but frozen will work as well)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. This will stop it from sticking, and facilitate removing finished product easily.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread one third of the batter onto bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries on top. Spread another third of the batter and another third of the blueberries. Repeat one more time with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. If top begins to brown too much simply cover with some aluminum foil. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While loaf cools, prepare the glaze by whisking together all of the glaze ingredients. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a glossy, liquid-y, smooth consistency. Once loaf has cooled, remove from pan and pour glaze over top of loaf, letting it drip down the sides. Enjoy!!
Do you have a "Something of the Day" you'd like us to share?! Email Meg.